Fashion for us as teenagers constantly evolves and it’s scary what people wear these days. There are some things you shouldn’t be caught dead wearing because of your body type, complexion and even trend, especially for the ladies.
So I’ll sum up the tips into very few points, I think these are the basics anyone should know:
1. Understand your body type: Our body types are different and unique. Please understand yours and work with it. Don’t wish you could wear some things that don’t fit you else you’ll find yourself wearing it and you’ll regret it.
2. Dress for your type: Dress for your body type, don’t borrow a style/look that doesn’t fit your type and force it to fit yours which will end up looking very funny. Instead look up really good fashionable people that have your body type and dress like them or modify their style (which is more preferable).
3. Wear safe colours: I can’t overemphasize this, please wear safe colours. Colours that match your skin tone, colours that fit your personality (you could dare yourself once in a while). Please and PLEASE in case you don’t know what safe colours are, I present to you black, brown, grey, navy blue (Google the rest…hahaa)
4. Test that look before going out in public: This tip has saved so many people from being apprehended by the fashion police. It’s nice to play dress up once in a while, test different looks, see how they look on you, modify them and work with what looks best on you. While you’re playing dress up, get the opinion of two or more people who know how to look good too and you’re good to go.
5. Own your body, never regret how you look: If you ever end up having a bad fashion day, own your look and rock it gladly, find a way to tweak the look in the restroom and own it for the day. People will even be more surprised when they see you rock the bad look gracefully. Even if you dress in the wrong way for your body type, find a way around it and ROCK THAT LOOK.
6. Seek help from your “fashionista” friends, the real fashionista friends (not those fake ones) when you go shopping: Please don’t, NEVER take the wrong people shopping with you, you’ll forever hate the clothes they picked out for you. Take fashion conscious people along with you, people that know colours and shades and patterns and can look good without doing too much.
How you dress is very important, hopefully, these tips give you ideas on how to stay sharp.